Tours of Shipwrecks in Calabria
Calabria is strategically located in the centre of the Mediterranean and is noted for its two seas, the Ionian and the Tyrrhenian, that come together amid the amazing scenery of the Strait of Messina. Thanks to the beauty and variety of its waters and the unrivalled quality of its sea and weather conditions, Calabria can meet the needs of the most demanding scuba divers.
Situated along the route taken by the shipping convoys of the Second World War, the sea beds of the province of Reggio Calabria reveal more than 20 historical wrecks, with many others still waiting to be explored! These wrecks, often well preserved, represent an important historical heritage as well as being tourist attractions and nature reserves. Comprising patrol boats, freighters, submarines, ferry boats and tankers, each of these wrecks, whether military or commercial, has its own story.
Nowadays, 70 years after their sinking, all of the wrecks have become oases of biodiversity, hosting sponges, various species of coral, and colourful fish that take advantage of a well protected hiding place.
Even underwater, Calabria represents the perfect integration of archeological treasures, art and nature, just waiting to be explored by those who venture to its depths.
Let’s discover it together!
Tours of Shipwrecks
Low Season 2020 (March-June and September-December)
- Transfer from/to Lamezia Terme or Reggio Calabria Airports.
- 5 days/4 nights at Torre dei Saraceni B&B, in a comfortable position along the promenade of Marina di Gioiosa, 600 m far from the Diving Center.
- Accommodation in double or triple rooms with Bed & Breakfast.
- 1 special dinner in a traditional local restaurant with typical Calabrian food, with 1 guided excursion in a medieval village in Aspromonte National Park.
- 5 dives (with tanks and weights rental, transfer by van) on wrecks of the province of Reggio Calabria.
PRICE FOR DIVERS – € 369,00
PRICE FOR COMPANIONS NOT-DIVERS – € 225,00
CUSTOMIZED PACKAGES AND DISCOUNTS FOR GROUPS!
REQUEST YOUR CUSTOM QUOTE!